SL involves risk. However, participants can work together to manage risk and promote safe, minimal risk environments. Here are some tools.
- Risk Management: SL staff worked with the offices of Risk Management and General Counsel to document acceptable risk management guidelines.
- Safety Tips for Students: Tips for students when working in the community
- Safety Talking Points: Safety procedures and suggestions for faculty and agencies to share with students
- Student Initiated Project form: includes release of liability and learning goals
- Photo consent form
- Confidentiality form
Memorandum of Agreement / Contracts
If the agency or faculty asks for a formal legal contract or a Memorandum of Agreement, they can use this Memorandum of Agreement Template (updated by the Boise State Office of General Counsel September 2013). Contact Kara Brascia at 426-2380 to discuss details. This agreement must be signed by an individual in your department who has been delegated signature authority by the Office of the VPFA.
Contact the Office of General Counsel to add or specify terms. Some modifications may include:
- Intellectual property language
- Compensation clarification