SL Staff offer a wide range of opportunities to orient, convene, recognize, and celebrate SL faculty, community partners, and students.
- Monthly Workshops and Conversations: The SL Program hosts workshops and group conversations for faculty on a myriad of subjects that relate to service-learning. The workshops take place in the Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) in the Interactive Learning Center room 315.
- Civic Engagement Exhibit and Faculty/Agency mixer: This annual event gives SL Student a chance to professionally display their accomplishments and learning experiences, and share them with their peers. Students create and design conference style posters that display the projects that they completed while working at local area non profits.
- Cup of Community Forums: Informal and informative– Cup of Community Forums are hosted by the Service-Learning Program to provide a place for students serving in the community to meet with agency representatives, discuss questions concerning their experience, talk with and learn from each other, and reflect on their experience. Each forum will focus on one topical area such as refugees, at-risk youth, sustainability, etc..Cup of Community Forums were created in response to student, faculty, and agency requests for more opportunities for informal conversations and information sharing.
- SL Advisory Board: The SL Program relies on the Advisory Board to offer insight and advice as the program progresses in the dynamic environment of campus. The Advisory Board is made up of faculty, agency partners and student leaders. It meets every other month.
- Annual Volunteer Expo: This event, co-hosted with the Student Involvement and Leadership organization, is a chance for local non-profits to reach out to students and faculty. Fifty to sixty nonprofit and public organizations staff booths in the Student Union and are eager to talk with perusing students and faculty.
- Annual celebration of service award ceremony: Every year SL staff takes the time to publicly thank and celebrate those students, faculty and community members that make a difference in our community.
- Mixer Events: Roundtables and brownbags provide an opportunity for community partners and faculty to meet and discuss potential collaborations. Contact SL staff if interested.