Welcome to Service-Learning at Boise State University! As a community partner, you are also a co-educator for service-learning students. See below for the steps and resources to begin your partnership with our program.
If you have not already done so, please complete the Community Partner Inquiry Form. This form ensures that your organization will be a part of our database of community partners.
Get to know OrgSync (OS), the platform we use for posting projects, registering students, and approving time. Download a printable OrgSync “Quick Reference Guide” which covers the most frequently used actions. See below for additional user guides.
- Project Description Template (download & complete before creating project in OrgSync)
- How to Create A Service-Learning Project in OrgSync
- How to View Students Signed Up for a Project in OrgSync
- How to Approve Time Submitted by Students
- Communicating with Students in OS
Prepare for Orientations. All Service-Learning students are required to attend an agency orientation. See below for a checklist of topics to cover and other resources.
- Orientation Checklist
- Missed Orientation Email Template
- Student Orientation Handbook Template (CP’s can edit/use as needed)
- Student Confidentiality/Video Use Agreement
- Checking Orientation Information in OS
Stay in touch! Throughout the semester, you will receive newsletters from the SL program with just in time information and helpful tips. Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns. SL staff will be in touch at the end of the semester to evaluate your service projects and plan for the next semester.
For a comprehensive guide to Service-Learning and OrgSync, the platform used to manage projects, approve time, and communicate with students, faculty, and SL staff, please feel free to view or download/print the Community Partner Handbook.