Service-Learning is a teaching strategy used in thousands of universities and schools across the nation. More than eighty Boise State faculty, representing all colleges and thirty departments, use service-learning as a teaching method. There are several ways to learn more.
2. Attend workshops or view online tutorials: (they take 30-40 minutes each).
- Welcome to Service-Learning
- Reflection: Theory & Practical Application
- Creating Successful Community Partnership
3. Contact Kara Brascia, SL Director
4. Review sample syllabi and formats for ideas
Want to know more? Click on the links in the left-hand menu to dig deeper.
View important timelines & dates here.
Quickstart Guide, including:
Checklist & Course Designation (Combined)
Plug-in Syllabus Language
Suggested Course Timeline
Sample Grading System
Same links as PLANNER (see above)
Review examples and snapshots
Consider SL course models, Course formats, and Types of SL projects
Review SL theory and Foundational SL Literature
Attend SL workshops
Investigate opportunities for SL scholarship