Reflection exercises connect service to course theory and larger social issues, foster critical thinking, and active citizenship and helps in the evaluation of student progress. View the presentation below to get started, or explore the links below to delve deeper into reflection theory and application.
- DEAL Reflection Model (Ash and Clayton)-RECOMMENDED
- Questions for Discussion or Writing– Listed by Category (a sample)
- Blooms-based critical reflection questions
- Blackboard Qs -Chronological (early, mid, end of semester)
- Discipline-specific questions: Examples from Public Policy and Sociology courses
- Preprofessional questions (Decker & Moffat, ENGR)