Many faculty integrate SL into their scholarship, often referred to as “the Scholarship of Engagement.” Below are some resources.
“The scholarship of engagement means connecting the rich resources of the university to our most pressing social, civic and ethical problems, to our children, to our schools, to our teachers and to our cities…”
– Ernest Boyer, The Scholarship of Engagement
- Conducting Research (investigate the impact on students, on community, on issue)
- Publishing on SL (publication outlets, tips, tools)
- Documenting SL (tenure & promotions portfolio tips)
- SL Foundations Library (foundational readings on SL)
- Showcasing SL (gain recognition, plan for P&T)
The Service-Learning Program supports faculty to innovate through Teaching and Learning Grants. Please contact Kara Brascia for more information 426-2380.