The BSU Service-Learning staff is dedicated to assisting students. Please contact us if you have questions or concerns regarding service-learning. SL staff can be reached by phone at 426-1004, by email at email@example.com, or at our office in Simplot-Micron Academic Success Hub (ASH) 277.
Service-Learning Program staff assists students with:
- Logistics: registering for a project, accessing and completing forms, questions about orientations, concerns about scheduling service times, and more.
- Conflict Management: SL staff can help with resolving a conflict or misunderstanding with a service site.
- Consultation on other service-related opportunities.
Finding the Right Service Project Fit need help deciding on a site? use this worksheet to identify what your skills/interests/needs are
Checklist/Timeline: overview of the semester by week
Tips for Success: how to get the most out of your SL experience
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Time Log Sheet: use this form to keep track of your SL hours-IF NEEDED, This is not required. All time should be reported in OrgSync unless your community partner is not in OrgSync.
STUDENT INITIATED PROJECTS
Student-Initiated-Project-Form_2013: with instructor permission, you can create your own service project using this form. For more detailed advice, see also our Top Ten Tips for Student Initiated Projects.
Learn more about the social issues you encounter at your SL site
– Assisting Refugees: Find tips, guidelines and FAQ’s about working with a refugee population.
– Poverty: definitions, types, research…and a whole lot more
– Need to research an issue? The CQ Researcher provides unbiased issue profiles (overview, pro/con, background, current situation, outlook, bibliography, etc.).
SERVICE LEARNING E-BOOK
Learning Through Service – A Student Guidebook for Service-Learning Across the Disciplines
– A concise, clearly written guidebook for all things Service-Learning; including group work, working with community partners, reflection, and much more. Requires Albertson’s Library authentication (Broncoweb credentials). Free to students and faculty.